Friday, February 18, 2011

Babalu and Seagram's

I came home tonight to discover that we were going out to dinner with Caitlin's sister's family.  It was a wonderful surprise after a busy afternoon of car repair and RUF related meetings.  Honestly, I was so happy to go out instead of cooking that I did not even think about where we were going until we were halfway there.
I've not been to Babalu until tonight, but we have been meaning to go for a long time.  We were seated at a comfortable booth with cushy seats, much like the booths at Jerusalem Cafe.  And, much to our surprise, Daniel Howell, our friend from Redeemer was our waiter.  Not considering food, our experience was absolutely amazing--all thanks to Daniel!  The food, however, certainly helped the over all climate.  Caitlin and I had guac, tacos (chicken for her and pork belly for me) and shared a plate of tamales.  That guacamole was the best I have ever had, and the tacos and tamales were equally as delectable.  Accompanying it all was a nice smooth Lazy Mag Indian Summer.  Thank you, Babalu!
Now I am home--computer in one hand, Seagram's (with ginger ale and lime) in the other, and probably about to watch a much needed episode of 30 Rock.
A wonderful end to a busy, but refreshing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment